Tuesday, January 03, 2006

2006 - Day 2

So last night I went to bed late-ish and ended up reading for a bit. Then I couldn't sleep, even though I was exhausted. - Go figure!
So anyhoo...today was the 2nd of Jan 2006. So far 2006 is going okay. lol.
Today I got up and watched Providence as normal, then I got ready and eventually, Mum, Nikki and I went to Chadstone to go see The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. It was really really good! I mean there were some bits that semi bugged me, as they were different from the book, but when I thought about it they seemed to work easier for a movie version.
I had my doubts about the cast, but they pulled it off and I was able to accept them as my beloved characters, at least for the film.
Some parts made me jump..-mostly the bits with the wolves. lol. And there was crying. -I forgot to warn Nikki that there was sad parts, as she had only read part of the book. And she was crying, which made me feel sorry for her, but also happy that it affected her, that she was able to care about the characters and what was happening, which is one of the main things I think a movie, or book, or tv show needs to do!
I really really hope they do the next books soon! I really am looking forward to seeing the story continue on film.
I will never love the film better than the book. The book will always be my first love, but the film has a special place in my heart too, mostly because they essentially were my beloved charcters.

After the movie, we went shopping. I bought Michael Buble's cd, It's Time. (the 2nd major one). I haven't listened to it yet. I will probably do so tomorrow.
I also bought a calendar, the Desperate Housewives one. It's kinda cool. It has quotes and stuff!
I also bought me a necklace with the money I earned working on the elections back in November. It's a white gold 'C' with tiny diamonds...(at least I think they are diamonds...)
Nikki bought a bag, which she had been trying to find for ages (a bag, not the specific one..) and a pencil case.

The we headed home and all of Dad's friends where still at our place. - Them being there was the reason we went out in the first place...
They ended up staying till 8:30 or something I think. I watched Will and Grace all night on foxtel, and then watched Veronica Mars at 7:30pm and then watched a new Will and Grace.
After that Nikki and I watched a few eps of Las Vegas. In the middle of one of the eps, Kelly from Tafe called me up and we had a chat for a while, we may organise to go out sometime...if we can find suitable night..

Not much to do tomorrow, probably watching more tv, hopefully going to Em's....if someone that can drive me home is going that is...-My mum doesn't want me to catch the train that late at night.

So sweet dreams, - speaking of which, I had a really silly one about Lily, Bug and Seely from Crossing Jordan last night...it was weird and also really funny. lol.

Night night don't let the spacebugs bite :D


--------
Carlie

No comments: