Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Post Chrissy Day

I will try to make this quick...it's already 10 past 2..in the morning. yipes!

Well Nan and Pop's was good. We got there a bit after noon, my nan gave me my birthday money, and my Christmas money, but I apparently had also won the family tattslotto the night before, so I got that money too! I did well! hehe. -The family tattslotto, is where everyone in the family picks their number when they start school, and then the families put in money each week, and the person whose number comes out as the supplementary number (the last one) gets the money, if no one wins one week, it gets added to the next weeks. Once I won over $150..but that was a long long time ago.

Nikki and I played a couple of games of pool, then we had lunch. My dad's older brother Terry's new girlfriend (well she's not really that new) was there, she seemed nice enough...she's a bit young if you ask me, and also kinda odd, she was somewhat annoying, but not in a bad way or anything, just weirded me out I suppose. I guess I'm not used to the attention..or something. *shrugs*
After lunch we did presents. I got The Wizard of Oz dvd from Maree, and $25 from Terry, and a bucket of M&M's from Alan. Jade, Caitie and Kizza didn't come, they were off at their stepsisters or something, so it was weird being the only grandchildren there.
My Nan won over $1000 at the pokie machines the other week, so we all got extra money this year, which was nice of them. :)

After lunch we sat around, I wanted to go home to get ready, and visit BCA one last time before it closed down. We ended up leaving at about 4:30pm.

At home I said my goodbyes to BCA, since it was closing down yesterday for good. It was really sad to see it go, after visiting it pretty much every day for the last 3 years. It was like a home, but at least I still have my friends. And now we have been chatting on Whedonists.net. Which isn't the same, but it's enough. lol.

Grandma and Grandpa came over just before 7pm. And others started coming after that. Elizabeth brought James, who is okay, but kinda gets on my nerves a little...I don't know why.
Ben brought his new girlfriend Janelle, she seem's nice enough. Kate came later with her new boyfriend Jed, he was a little odd, too quiet or something. I dunno. Mum doesn't like him.
Sarah was back. It was really good to see her. I think I was hanging a little to close to her though, she probably thought I was stalking her. lol. But she's the one out of all my cousins on that side that I actually like, and fit in with. Her and I are sorta the black sheep of the family, we are similar to my Grandma apparently. But it was good to have her visit. She's been in England for the past year, I've missed her. We have never been close, she's the oldest of the grandchildren, being 8 years older than me, but in the last few years I have started to chat to her a little. I guess I just feel sorry for her, her mother, my uncle's wife, isn't overly nice to her, the 2nd child Kate is the favorite and the younger one Elizabeth is also a fave. Sarah is often badmouthed by her mother and I don't think it's right. Sarah has done really well for herself. She's working, she's moved overseas, she's happy. She may not have a guy in her life or she may not end up getting married or anything, but she's out there doing what she wants and thats good.

...Anyways...We did pressies just before dinner (literally) and I got me $20 from John and Maryann and $50 from Grandma and Grandpa. Geoff and Colleen gave Grandma and Grandpa a new cordless phone with an answering machine, it was funny watching Neil try to explain it. He's pretty funny Neil. Always entertaining. :) I do like my Uncles, my mum's brothers and they are all pretty nice to me.

We ate, I ate WAY too much. People started leaving and everyone was gone by midnight. Grandma and Grandpa being the last. I worry about them sometimes, with them driving at night, I know they won't be around for that much longer and I've never lost anyone before, and so it's going to be hard when I do lose them, because I really love them. ....again moving on...

Toffee wouldn't come inside, we kept calling and calling, so I went to sleep thinking he was still outside. -Scott apparently got him in though. But I had a terribly upsetting dream about him. I woke up at 9am to let him inside again.
Then I went back to sleep. I got up a bit after 11am, and me and Nikki watched this movie called Two Brothers, about 2 tigers. We didn't get to see all of it, cause the dvd player stuffed up, but so far it's good. We went down to the school and Nikki practiced her netball with the new netball she got from Alan for Christmas. Then we played the game of life. I rememebered I was going to color my hair, and so I went and did that. It's quite red now. I like it. But I will go back to blond soon I think.
After that Nikki and I went round to post a letter that she wrote to Lucy. Nikki rode and I walked. Then we watched tv and then watched Toy Story 2. I love that movie!! Then I watched Providence that I had taped this morning, and then some of the Friends marathon on foxtel, and then I watched Friday's episode (in the US) of The View.
Now I am here finishing this off. -Its still so weird without BCA. I also have the first 2 eps of NCIS to watch at some point. Hmm.

Tomorrow Mum and I (and maybe Nikki) will probably be going to Chadstone to do some shopping at the Sales. I want to buy a few things.


Sweet Dreams


-----
Carlie

No comments: