Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Little Carlie's First Day Of Work

Today was my first day of training at Safeway. -At MY store, learning proper supermarket stuff. It was a little exciting.

Since today was my day off, I slept in and since Nikki was home I didn't really have to worry about getting up which was also nice!
Once I did get up, I checked on Nikki who spent the whole day in front of the TV's.
I made my breaky and we watched Providence, which I had taped. After that I did some homework and then made Nikki lunch.
I watched Will and Grace at 1pm and then The View at 1:30pm. -They are in Las Vegas at the moment. I love Las Vegas. I can't wait to go there!

Anyways...back on track....

After that I spent some time on the computer editing my script.
I spent some time getting my clothes for work organised (ironing and stuff). Then I caught the 4:36pm tram to Cambwerwell and walked up to Safeway.
I walked in with Stephanie and we were then taken to the staff area. After a little while we went into the training room and started our training. We watched videos and did some questions from the book. We went out to look at some of the fresh food in the Produce section.
We had a break and me and Lauren (the girl thats gonna be working at Camberwell with me), chatted to one of the girls that worked there and then we did some more work from the book, before going to play 'shops'. We had to collect some groceries and then learn how to put them through the cash register. We learnt how to do different types of payment and produce with PLU codes and stuff. -it was kinda fun.
We then had to do shopping in reverse, by putting it all away again. lol

Mum picked me up afterwards and I had dinner and changed my clothes. I should really go to bed in a minute.
Tomorrow I have class in the morning, then I'm probably gonna go to the bank and then come home. I then have training again tomorrow evening.

Nighty Night

-----------
Carls

No comments: