Monday, November 14, 2005

A Sad Sad Day

Today was going perfectly fine......until class was over and I was reading a text message I had gotten from Ella. -Have I mentioned Ella before? She is an awesome one. I don't get to see her enough...granted I have only spent 4 days with her in real life....but I talk to her a lot online.

Speaking of online....thats what the message was about. BCA, aka buffy.com.au is closing. Our leader. hah that sounds silly...but anyways...it's time for BCA to close down and so there will be no more forum. BCA is where I met most of my best friends. I visit the forum at least twice a day and have spent hours and hours talking to people there since the 17th of Febuary 2003.
It was all because of that forum that I met these great and amazing people, that I have come to love like family. I blame the Puppy...aka ELSA. hehe.

Well I got the message and then after the shock, messaged back and got the answer. Suze our leader and Lib our Daddy, have done amazing jobs running the forum, but it's too much for them to be responsible for in their lives now. Suze has a little baby on the way, which is GREAT! Big Congrats to Suzele Magoosle and Boff.

So it's the end of an era. And so far I am taking it surprisingly well. I haven't really cried, though I have gotten a little teary at some of the memories that keep getting brought up. I think it's gonna take a little while to sink in. It doesn't close until Christmas day, so thats sometime for me to get used to it.
I spent the whole afternoon, when I was going to do work for my assignments, reminsicing and making a vid with pics of my time on BCA.

It will probably hit me tomorrow night when I go to hang with the usual Tuesday crowd at Em's Angelfest and I can't wait. I need cuddles. And I need to see them all. To know that they will still be there even when the forum is not. -Which is something else that just occurd to me...I have always always had the net to talk to these people and BCA has been the center of that. It will be very odd not having that central place to go to and talk to them everyday. I'm sure other forums will pop up and all...but it just won't be the same.

I may end it there. It's been a long afternoon and I will probably end up having more to say later.

RIP BCA. Love You, Miss You forver!

-----

Carls

No comments: