Saturday, April 29, 2006

Too Much To Do, In So Little Time!

Wow between work, classes, homework and ...my dvd collection, I have been getting slack with my posts.

Don't really have much to report. Went to work this arvo. Was a few minutes late, I ran from the tram. No one said anything, so I don't think they had a problem....I hope.

Last night I was all ready to go to bed at midnight and then I started writing some sappy(well thats what Elsa would call it) romantic Jordan/Woody fan fic. Well it's not really a fic, but a bunch of scenes that came from one original idea.

I'll post what I have so far.

--------------------

Jordan sighed as she opened her front door of her lonely apartment. The idea of spending another Christmas alone depressed her. She had just come from an informal dinner at the Morgue, but unfortunately it didn’t fill her with great enthusiasm for Christmas Day itself.

Jordan took of her thick winter coat, which was now damp from the snow, put her keys on the table, and poured herself a glass of water. She sat on the couch and picked up the paper. She glanced over at a photo sitting on a shelf of her as a little girl, about 5 with her mother and father. She wondered where Max was, if he was okay….but it was pointless and a little painful to think about it too much. So she turned her attention back to the paper that she had opened. Unfortunately the paper was full of mixed articles, just as many were depressing, as were happy and uplifting. And she returned it to its former place on her crowded coffee table.

Jordan stared around her apartment once more, before pulling out her Ipod and listening to some tunes with some good old Christmas charm.
About half an hour later, she suddenly sat up with a jolt, having fallen asleep in the corner of her quite comfy sofa. She took the headphones out of her ears and was able to figure out that there was someone at the door. They knocked again.

“Yeah I’m coming!”

She called out as she made her way to that red door of her apartment.

“Hurry up, its not nice to leave a guy waiting outside on Christmas Eve you know!”

She smiled at the sound of Woody’s teasing, and opened the door.

“What are you doing here?”

She asked him, blocking the doorway.

“Aren’t you going to invite me in?”

Jordan pondered this for a moment, making the blue eyed detective squirm.
He made a face, and she stepped aside.

“So what brings you to my humble abode this late, on Christmas Eve no less. Don’t you have plans?”

He shrugged as he replied.

“What kind of plans exactly?”

“No Christmas get together with your brother?”

Woody looks at Jordan, she can tell that he hasn’t really heard from him. A situation quite similar to her own.

“Well at least you have some idea where he is…”
She responded flatly.

Woody smiled sympathetically at her.

“Looks like we’re a couple of loners my friend.”

Jordan gestured for Woody to sit on the couch. Jordan ventured into the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of wine and two glasses.

“So you didn’t answer my question…”

She sat next to him on the couch and began pouring the wine.

“The ‘what am I doing here’ question?”

Jordan nods.

“Well tell me, just how much fun were YOU having sitting home alone on Christmas Eve?”

She shook her head with a tiny smile.

After a moment, she took a breath.

“Well I’m having much more fun now that you’re here!”

She said with a hint of sarcasm.

“Thanks!”

He took a sip of his wine. Jordan was already half finished hers and cradling the glass in her hand.

“Okay I have a suggestion.”

“Go on.”

“Why don’t we play a game.”

“A game?!”

She sat up interested, but chose to mock Woody instead.

“What are you 6?”

She mocked with a grin.

“Just humor me okay!”

She nodded in agreement.
“Do you have a deck of cards?”

Jordan glanced around her apartment.

“Yes.”

She got up and walked over to a desk, opened a drawer and pulled out a deck of cards.
She returned to the couch and placed them on the table in front of Woody.

---------------------------------------

“Do you have any twos?”

Jordan and Woody were sitting on her living room floor. Jordan had a rather large pile of cards next to her.

Woody sighed.

“This sounded like more fun in theory!”

And he handed over a card, which Jordan took with much glee.

“I’m having fun!”

Woody gave her a childish grin.

“No I am. I’d rather spend my Christmas Eve playing cards with you, than sitting myself doing nothing.”

“Thank you. Now do you have any threes?”

“Nope. Go Fish Woodrow.”

“I think I’m starting to hate this game!”

“Only cause I’m kicking your butt!”

“Now where’s your Christmas spirit?”

She grinned at him. And looked her cards over. She was down to three now.

“Got any Queens?”

Woody looked his cards over and groaned, before handing over yet another card to Jordan.

-------------------------------------

Jordan and Woody have returned to the couch.

“Hey it was your idea to play cards man!”

Woody glares at her, suspiciously.

“Well who knew you’d be the Queen of Go Fish!”

“Sore loser!”

She teased.

“Well if you get to deal all the time…maybe you cheat.”

Jordan asks shocked.

“Never!”

She can’t help but giggling.

“So now what?”

Jordan picks up the remote.

“Lets see what’s on the TV.”

“Oh no. I think I should get to be in charge of the remote!”

And he grabs it out of her hands.
She tries to fight him for it…but to no avail.

“Mine!”

Jordan crosses her arms and pouts.

“Meanie.”

Apparently Christmas is a time for childish acts…because Woody pokes his tongue out at Jordan…and she does the same back.

Woody turns on the TV and starts flicking.

“Ooo this looks good!”

“Jordan, it’s an infomercial.”

Jordan rolls her eyes.

“Okay carry on then.”

He does.

“How about this?”

“You know what this is, right?!”

“Sure. It’s ‘It’s a wonderful life.’”

“Exactly.”

“Supposedly one of the best Christmas movies of all time.”

“What’s the deal with people thinking that the world would be better off without them?”

“Says the local ‘runaway girl’!”

“You know what I mean.”

Woody sighs and takes her hand.

“Yeah. I do.”

He smiles at her.

--------------------------

What I wrote last night was better than what I've done today. But anyways..it's just for fun. -I need a romantic fix. I haven't had one recently. I suppose there's a bit of a romance on ER, but not on anything else, and I haven't really watched any romantic movies lately. ...not counting the quite romantic 'The Princess Bride', which I introduced my mother to tonight.

I watched 'I shot Andy Warhol' tonight. I bought it the other day cause Jill is in it. She had funny 60's hair. lol

Well that's about it for today..oh and I've been playing with Google Earth. -It's fun to zoom around places like Boston.
lol.


------

Carls

No comments: