Sunday, June 11, 2006

Goodbye and Goodluck Meredith!

So I just watched Meredith Viera's last episode of the View. And as I knew I would be, I was in tears. I remember watching the episode I heard that she would be leaving to go over to the today show...and crying then. I know it seems really really strange to be so worked up over someone you don't even know...but I remember loving The View from the first minute I saw it, way back when we first got foxtel. -I don't remember when exactly, or who was on, but I remember sitting down every weekend to watch the weeks worth. Meredith I loved instantly. I have always looked up to her in a way. She's incredibly kooky and isn't afraid to make a fool of herself. She also is so friendly and loving towards the others on the show and to the people she knows. Watching that show really brightened up my days, especially the last 6 months, since we've had W channel permanently, instead of just every now and then when foxtel was giving us a preview.
So congrats and goodluck to Meredith Viera on the Today show and in her life from a gal from Melbourne Australia.

All this thinking about how much I love Meredith, got me thinking about how it is that I love SO many people and so many characters. It's really an interesting thing. I've always been attached to my characters...but on the View, they are just being themselves...and thats kinda interesting.
I think the fact that these people or characters are with me everyday and are such a part of my life, to see someone everyday and not feel an attachment to them is unnatural to me. I invest so much love and time into people that when they go away - the shows end and the characters go off into that tv world in the sky, or someone leaves and goes onto new things....it's very emotional for me, because they are like a best friend. Someone whose been there for so many years, someone I've shared my time, my life with and have gone through good and bad times with, that to see them vanish is a very sad thing. -Then again maybe I'm just a huge sap....which is highly possible. hehe.

But I think I'm not wrong in saying that all these characters and people I love, will always share a special place in my heart. -The old 90210 characters do, so do the original The Practice and Ally McBeal characters, the Charmed gals, the Buffy group, Angel...Dawson's Creek....Degrassi Junior High/High, Saved By The Bell, Friends, Party of Five, Providence, and I know there are probably heaps more that I'm forgetting....
...and with Will and Grace almost over, and all the new shows I have adopted lately, I know eventually they will end, and I know they will always be part of me -wow imagine how full my heart will be of these people by the time I'm 40....if at 20 there are so many loved people with me.

So to all the characters that have been, and to all those yet to come - I love you all so much! You're the best friends I've ever had. And I know that for everyone that leaves, there will be another one I will love just as much and sometimes more.


-Carlie one big sap

No comments: