Monday, October 15, 2007

Comments and Trains That Don't Go

So today I had my Hazards test which is the first part of getting your P's. Luckily I passed! haha. I was so worried that I was getting everything wrong...cause you kinda just get used to clicking, and end up forgetting to actually think about things! But anyhoo. Yay. I passed with 74%.

Then I ventured off to Uni, since there was no point going home, only to have to leave again in 20 minutes or whatever. So I went to Starbucks and got me a Mocha frappechino, cause it was way too hot for regular coffee. I sat there for a while, then went over to the Library to make many many copies of my story for Writing Fiction. I had to workshop it today...which pretty much means people read and rag on your story. I understand the teachers intent when it comes to the activity...but in reality not everyone will like your story, or understand your story. And they put in their own ideas and in a sense can be really mean, even without knowing or meaning to be. Writing is such a subjective thing that in a way I really hate it as a class. While yes, the other people in the class are 'writers' too, they are still people with their own issues and ideas. So it's just really not that helpful or good for your self esteem to have other people analysing and disecting your work..especially when it's in such rough and early stages.
(gets down off soap box)

Then when I finally get to go home, the trains are stopped at Auburn station cause of some problem at Camberwel, so after waiting ages and ages and ages, I finally called Scott to come and get me. Auburn station is a really annoying place to be stranded. The Tram is ages away from there. Oh well. Hopefully they will be working properly tomorrow.

No comments: