Wednesday, August 03, 2011

A Brave New World

So there have been a few new developments since my last post....got called up for a job I'd applied for, went and interviewed with agency last Tuesday, and then got called up to interview for Thursday, and then got the call on Friday arvo that they wanted me to start Monday. So that's pretty cool.

Even without the job stuff I've been pretty busy this last week. I went to Ness' Wednesday night, which was lucky seeing as we were both busy on the weekend, so we didn't do a weekend catch up. Friday Neil and Marg brought over our Tupperware orders. My stuff is cute, but who knows when I'll get a chance to bake something and use them! lol. In the arvo I went shopping for tons of junk food for my weekend, and then spent the night watching random tv. Saturday I had a good sleep in and then went shopping in Camberwell with Jacinta. I had to look for some clothes to wear this week to work. I found a few tops and just sorta grabbed anything I liked, and then kept thinking of other things, and had TONS of stuff by the time I got to the register it was up over $200! Which seems like a lot, but I bought many things, and its all gonna come in handy. We also went to Safeway, where I bought some more chocolate, cause it was really cheap. We also hit JB and I bought a few movies, The Princess Diaires, Pretty Woman, and You Again.

We had to go help Mum look for her keys, after she lost them doing the census and we had to go let her into the car. We didn't find them, but she did get a call yesterday that someone found them. -So that worked out.
We had the house to ourselves Saturday night and after grabbing dinner we did a Wayne's World marathon, watching both movies. We then watched Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets which we found when flicking channels. After she left, I was still really awake, so I watched Easy A.
Sunday I vegged out and watched movies all day. I started with Clueless -which I hadn't watched in ages, but was in my mind all week. I watched the Alias Pilot commentary for about the millionth time. -I had to go back down to Camberwell in the arvo, cause Target had left the security tag on a cardigan I bought. I ended up watching The Princess Diaries when I got back.

So Monday I had to get up really early to makes sure I had enough time to get to work by 9am. I have to drive, but that's okay. I get a parking pass so I don't have to move my car, or pay. The first day was a bit slow, waiting around for something to do. It was a bit scary too, but the people all seem nice, and there are plenty of shops around - its a few blocks from The Glen, and right next to Century City. -Oh yeah, the job is with Monash City Council. I'm working in Rates and Property. So far I've been practicing and working under supervision, I'm getting more comfortable with it - its starting to sink in which is good. -Getting there and back is pretty easy, its pretty much 2 roads, and when people move its a quick trip. The mornings take longer cause of the 40 speed limits, but its not too bad.

I'm pretty exhausted, cause I'm not used to getting such little sleep, but I'm starting to adjust to my new routine. Also my Amazon order FINALLY arrived today. Its about bloody time, it went through France and Germany first...for some unknown reason. But I finally get to listen to The Book of Morman soundtrack. I also got Stephanie J Block's album, and a bunch of others that I haven't listened to yet. I also got Tina Fey's and Rob Lowe's books. Just gotta find time for them all now...

I guess that's all for now. I can't wait to sleep in on Saturday. But I imagine the weekend will go really quick!

-----------
Carlie

No comments: