Monday, August 08, 2011

Week 2

So I had a good first week at Monash. There has been lots of info to remember and things to figure out. I have notes, but its hard to keep those updated. I guess it is just going to take a while to make things CLICK.
Friday was a good day. We had free dress with fundraising for Jeans for Genes day. So I got to wear my jeans and donate a dollar...like in high school. hah.
We also had a big morning tea for 2 birthdays. People made stuff and it was quite a spread! However, I'm not into sandwiches and cheese platters. But the sweeter stuff was nice. Next time I'll try and make something nice, I ran out of time by going out Thursday night. Jacinta and I went to La Porchetta for dinner. I went over after work since she's just down the road from there. It was fun, but I can't seem to finish a meal anymore. Which is good, but also annoying.

Saturday night was group night at Ness'. We had chicken and chips for tea, which again was too much! Plus there was excellent sweets...I just wish I had time to digest my dinner before being forced to eat Vicky's lemon meringue pie. The plate turned up while I was still eating my tea.
We did unofficial Queen Latifah musical night...we had unknowingly picked the 2 musicals she's in to watch - Chicago and Hairspray. -I swear that was nobody's intention. But everything else got vetoed, by at least 1 person.
I stayed over and Ness and I browsed the Helpman Awards -which were sucky in my opinion. Sunday we watched some high quality Bones.
I got home mid afternoon, had some tea while I listened to an old Alias commentary, and organised myself for work. I had some quality music time, listening to Book of Mormon and Stephanie J Block's album. SOOO different, but both SOOO good.

Today was a quiet day at work, I'm still figuring things out with the work, its a bit confusing, but I think I'm starting to get it.
I think the novelty of having a job has already worn off...but I haven't been paid yet, so that might come back! The only prob is trying to find to go shopping for new work clothes. I have enough to make do with for now, but I'm gonna get really sick of wearing the same thing every week.


--------------
-Carlie

No comments: