Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Little Bit of Theatre

So I was kept quite entertained last week, caught up with Ness a few times, and Jacinta as well!

Sunday night I finally saw the last Harry Potter film. It was really good! But then again, I don't really remember much from the book as its been years since I read it, so my opinion may change if I get around to re-reading the books...which I would like to do...but I'll have to complete my collection, I only have the last 3.
We went to Century City at the Glen. It was still really busy, I'm glad I decided to book online in the end. It just meant I could pick decent seats. Which at 18 bucks a movie these days, you want a good seat! I can't believe it costs almost 20 bucks for a regular no frills 2D movie!

Tuesday I had another appointment at Centrelink, all that is going along pretty well. But I still haven't had any job interviews. In the evening I went down to Ness' and we watched some quality Bones. We have become addicted to the Oreo choc shakes from Maccas, but when we went out to get some they didn't have any chocolate, so we had to have vanilla ones. They were nice, but not quite the same.

Wednesday, Jacinta came over and we watched some old SNL and odd tv here and there. That night I went to the arts centre to see Anything Goes with Amanda Harrison of Wicked. I had become obsessed with this show after seeing it at the Tonys. Then when reading the paper on Monday, I came across an article about Amanda doing it THIS WEEK ONLY at the arts centre. So I knew I HAD to go, and Mum was in too. Since Ness was working every other day 'cept Wednesday, that made the decision about which night to go easy. The tickets were pretty cheap which was good, and even though we were 3 rows from the back we still had a great view of the stage...and the seats in front of us were empty which was awesome!
The show was a lot of fun, Amanda was awesome as Reno. The rest of the cast were pretty talented too! The girl that played Erma was great, and Billy and Moonface Martin was great too! Overall it was a limited budget production, so there were not really proper sets or multiple costumes, but in terms of production value it still was really top notch when it came to the performances. There wasn't quite as much tapping as I would have liked, but you can't have everything!
Now I'll just have to wait for the Broadway production's cast recording to come out, so I can listen to the songs whenever I want!


------------
Carlie

No comments: