Friday, March 23, 2007

Brains, Trams and Automobiles

So recently, and especially in the last few days, I have been having really bad pains in my legs. Pins and Needles-ish. I also got bruises on one of my legs for no reason.
This morning I went to the doctor, which I hadn't done for a while. She looked me all over and then sent me off to have some tests done.

I went to this place to get 2 CT's (Cat Scan) and an chest x-ray. I had to drink this horrible solution for my CT's, and I've had quite a few before in my life. -But I must have blocked out how much that stuff was really really aweful. It made me want to throw up!!! YUCK

Then I had to wait almost an hour to have the scans done. I had to have a needle, which don't bother me generally, but usually they have so much trouble finding a vein, that they try one arm - don't like it, then try the other, and then end up back at the same arm they started with. Giving me 3 pricks instead of 1. But today I was lucky, this guy only had to give me one.
The injection makes you really hot and the guy said I looked frighten. -that wasn't really true, although I was nervous being there by myself for the first time. I'm not used to doing doctor stuff on my own. But once the hot flashes went away, I felt much better.
I had a scan done of my abdomen and my brain. -When I was having my brain scan I went into this whole thought degrees of separation. I kept thinking of things, and then connecting them quickly to something else, making a very long chain. -it was kinda fun. lol.
Then I had a chest x-ray and those are a breeze.

I think I'll find out the results next week. wish me luck.


-Carlie

No comments: