Friday, July 28, 2006

Would I Help?

So today I was walking through Camberwell, on my way to the tram stop. I wasn't in a hurry. I had nowhere to be. I was just going home cause class was cancelled cause the teacher was sick.
So anways...as I was walking, there was this old couple, the man had a walking stick and all of a sudden, he started collapsing, slowly. Not having a heart attack, at least I don't think so. But he just slowly fell down on the ground. And someone immediately was there to help him up, another elder man walking past them in the opposite direction. So there I was, granted not overly tall or having much strength, but I just walked right by. Sure I looked to make sure he was okay. But I still kept walking. Other people around me were also looking and seemed to be concerned. The old man appeared to be okay, but I still wonder why it is that I did nothing.
I wonder if it camed down to someones life depending on me, would I be able to help them? Would I care enough? Would I have the confidance to do something other than just stand there?

Who knows.

But I think I will have to. I don't think I could live with myself knowing I could have done something to help them and save their life...and I didn't.

So this is just something I have been thinking about today.
So if someone needs your help. Even if they don't know it, or don't want you to know, try and see it anyway and PLEASE help in any way you can. - Their life could depend on it.

---------
Carlie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»