Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Rob Guest Endowment Concert 2011

Last night the newly returned Ness and I went to see this years Rob Guest Endowment concert at Her Majesty's Theatre in the city. I did a quick after work dinner/change/drive into the city and met Ness before the show.
Funnily enough since I was hanging out with her on Sunday, I spent more time with her, than I did at home in last 2 days.

The new kids were awesome and and some of our theatre faves were there to give AWESOME performances.  I'd really missed Lucy Durack!!!!!
I had 3 faves to win, but then the other girl Ashlea Pyke knocked Don't Rain on My Parade out of the park!  I really liked the guy who won - Blake Bowden. He did two great songs. Overall there were SO many good songs. Oh and we had the best seats! 3rd row on the aisle just to the right - right in front of the podium. So we got to be right in front of ALL the action! They gave us goodie bags with water and malteasers too!
The live action was a lot of fun. I would have LOVED to have Lucy's Glinda wand from Wicked....but unfortunately I didn't have a spare $3000. Everyone got so excited when it got over 2 grand.... and these 2 just kept pushing it higher! It was a long night - didn't get home till 11:30pm. But it was totally worth it. Got to see some great performances by my theatre faves - Lucy Durack, Francine Cain, Esther Hannaford, Rob Mills, and the cast of Rock of Ages...sans a few of the guys. But I was glad Samantha Hagen got to do some belting, as did Lincoln Hall!

Its totally a tradition, I'll keep going every year now!


------------
Carlie

No comments: