Monday, October 17, 2011

From Worse, To Not So Bad

So last week was bad. I mean it started out so good with the Rob Guest concert, but Tuesday was a bad day, and then well, Wednesday got worse. I ended up not working. After my ordeal with the car, was shaky and had a lot of trouble driving again at all. It's like I'm starting out on my own for the first time again. Plus I'm learning to drive a new car in a way, having only ever driven that one on short trips.

Thursday night Ness came up after work and we went to dinner at one of the cafes in Glen Waverley, then went to see Crazy Stupid Love at Century City. It was SOOO good!!!
I drove to her place after work on Friday - the first time I'd driven that car down there...plus its really busy traffic...I was kinda terrified the whole way. By the time I got there I was shaking a little...but that soon went away, and by the time I took the trip home, I was okay. -I think I've almost got my sea legs back now.
So anyways, back to Friday night....
We had fun. Vicky, Kay and Nick came and we got yummy chicken for dinner, and Vicky made a super yummy chocolate pie thing. Then Kay, Nick, Ness and I watched Iron Man, which was actually pretty entertaining.

Saturday I had pretty quiet day. I watched TV, cleaned out the car, did 3 loads of laundry. Went and got a movie from the Oovie box at Safeway and got Fish and Chips. Then I watched all my Friday tv -which I hadn't had time to watch yet, and some new shows. I borrowed Country Strong. It was really good and had great songs in it. I had been planning to watch a bunch of new hour length shows, but I was so sleepy by midnight that I didn't have the energy for the last show. I was in bed and half asleep before Mum and Nikki got home a bit after 1am!
Woke up earlier than expected on Sunday, but it wasn't THAT early, and there were things to do. It was Grandma's birthday and Mum was bringing her over for lunch. Mum made me bake a cake, she was cooking a roast. She went over and got Grandma and brought her back to our place. Neil, Marg, and Tracey came by for a bit, with their adorable puppy Dino. We had cake and then they left and we had our lunch. I showed Grandma my photos from last years trip, since she hadn't seen them yet. Then Mum took her back and I got organised to go out....I was all ready to leave, then couldn't find my keys anywhere...looked under cushions, in bags - everything. Had to wait till Mum got back to get the spare off her, and then I was on my way to Rock!!!!

Our seats were awesome...but when Regina came out and it wasn't Francine, we were crushed! Not that I don't LOVE all the others, but she's kinda my fave...and one I really wanted to meet at the stage door. The replacement girl was okay, but just not Francine. I've become very attached to my people. I thought overall the show was lacking something...I think they were just all worn out. But it was still a blast!!! We went to the stage door afterwards and got chat to a lot more of them this time, and got almost all the mains to sign our programs. We were going to get a hot drink afterwards...but nothing was open, so we went home. I was glad my ipod was working and let me rock out to the soundtrack on my way home.
I can't wait till the last show on November 6th..it's gonna be crazy! And also sad, I don't want it to go...I love it, and the cast too much!    Oh well....I'll live I suppose....and there's always Sydney I guess. hah!


-----------------
Carlie

No comments: