Monday, June 20, 2011

Busy Busy Week!


Wow was I busy last week! Between a busy weekend, then the Tonys on Monday, then there was Thursday night’s trip to the Jam Factory in South Yarra to see Bridesmaids –with an introduction by the director, Rose Byrne and Kristen Wiig! That was exciting to see them, but they hardly said anything at all, and then they were  gone...it was kinda pointless – on both sides. It seemed like a lot of effort to drag them out for less than 10 minutes. That said...it was still awesome. And the movie was FAN-Freaking-TASTIC! It was hilarious, it was nuts! And totally worth the wait!
Before the show we (Ness, Me, Bella and Vicky) had dinner at the pancake parlor. And ended up going back afterwards for coffees.

Then on Friday I went down to Grandma and Grandpa’s house to help clean it up for the photos to sell it. It’ll be kind of sad to see the place sold, but its not their place anymore...there is no one living there, and it doesn’t feel the same anymore. It was fun going through stuff though. Mum and I cleaned up the kitchen and insides, Neil and Jay mowed the lawns and cleaned up the gardens. Then Margaret showed up and she helped clean up inside. We ended up going through the garage and I found a few things like old coloring books from when I was little, and a hand drawn birthday card (by I’m assuming Tracey) from Neil, Marg, Tracey and Jay for my 2nd birthday. Jay and Neil also got Grandma’s car started, so that we could take it home. The battery had died, but they jumped it, and we left it running for a while. They left and then Mum and I headed home a little while later, I followed closely the whole way home in case the car died, but it didn’t.

Saturday I headed down to Ness’ early in the arvo so we could watch some Bones before her party. I decorated her walls with the Broadway pics she bought in New York, while she made cupcakes.
We got ourselves dressed up in our costumes, I was Fran Kubelik from Promises, Promises and Ness was Penny from Hairspray. Kay was from Anything Goes, Nick was Captain Hammer, Meg was from Miss Saigon, and Brett was Frankie Valli. We had fun listening to Broadway music and chatting about all sorts of things. Then we watched Scott Pilgrim vs The World. I liked it! It was weird, but in a really good way.
It was fun hanging out with the whole group again, it’s been a while since I’ve seen Brett, and ages since we were all together. And it’s funny how I went from not seeing Kay and Nick in ages to seeing them 3 times in a week! 

Sunday I was planning to sleep in late, but I woke up earlier than I wanted, and had a really bad headache, I had been getting a cold over the last few days, so my head was kinda fuzzy anyways. But then I felt queasy, and then it just went from bad to worse...I spent the whole day lying on the couch and it was not pretty! I don’t know if it was something I ate or if it was the migraine, but something made me really sick. I finally felt less awful around 3pm, and felt well enough to turn on my computer and check twitter – a sign that I really WAS sick! Haha.
After that I was able to eat a little, and slowly got better as the night went on, but I went to bed REALLY early for me, by 10:30pm. –I was falling asleep earlier, but didn’t want to go to sleep too early, in case I woke up extra early!
I was also really annoyed cause I was supposed to hang with Jacinta, and had to cancel. I haven’t seen her in weeks!
This morning I was up early, as I was supposed to have a phone interview with centrelink about getting jobseeker allowance, but 10, and then 11 came and went and no call...so after hearing nothing for a few hours, I called them up and they had no booking of an appointment...which sucked, and I had to make a new appointment for Thursday. I think this also means I won’t get back paid from the original date which I was supposed to if I got my interview today. Grrr. Oh well. I just hope it doesn’t take too long to get the process started, and get paid.

I think that is my entire busy busy week in full. I haven’t got a whole lot planned for the next week which is nice for a change. Haha.

------------
Carlie

No comments: