Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Big Weekend Fun.

So I’ve been extra busy and barely at home all weekend. It was the Queen’s birthday long weekend, but it was also Ness’ birthday on Sunday. I went down Friday and we did our thing, got some Chinese food for dinner, and watched some more Bones. 

Saturday we slept in, watched some silly tv (abc...enough said), walked the pooches, and then got ourselves glammed up for the Theatre. We headed into the city early, to look at Myer and a few other shops. There wasn’t really a lot to look at though – which was good for me, seeing as I am not in a position to buy anything. Lol. But it was fun to mock all the crazy clothes and the people wearing them!!
We met up with Ness’ friends and headed to the Elephant and the Wheelbarrow. Kay and Nick turned up not much later. We had a nice pub dinner, I got my staple fish and chips – what can I say, I know what I like...even if that makes me lame and unoriginal :P After dinner we headed to our little café on Bourke for coffee and cakes etc. 

It was then time to go to the Comedy Theatre to see Rock of Ages. We had great seats, 3 in row D and 3 in row E. Which in some ways was much better than sitting in a long row - this way we could all talk instead of having people stuck on the ends. I had a great view too, Ness was in front of me, so no giant people to look around!
We did however have annoying people sitting behind me. They were singing along, and talking while stuff was going on...where’s the respect?! So RUDE!
After the show, we headed to the stage door and got a few of the actors to sign our programs. Kay was super excited to meet one of them that she knows from other stuff...see its not just me :P hehe.
I headed back to Ness’, hid her pressie, got all my stuff and headed home.
I ended up sleeping in a lot Sunday, and didn’t get out of bed till noon or something. I was a bit of a zombie all day, watched some tv, did some laundry, and just chillaxed.

Yesterday was a public holiday, so everybody was home, but I was up first at 9am, so I could be organized for the Tonys which started at 10. I misjudged the time, so the whole thing didn’t fit on the one disc, not in great quality, so I’ll have to put the last half hour on another disc.
I then capped off the weekend with another trip down to Ness’ for Tony night – which may become an annual tradition!
See next post for my wrap up of what happened. 


-------------
Carlie

No comments: