Sunday, May 08, 2011

Weddingpalooza Weekend

So this past week I’ve been pretty quiet. Went over to Jacinta’s on Wednesday and we watched the move RED with Helen Mirren, Bruce Willis and Mary Louise Parker. It was great! I knew it would be good, but I loved it! I’d been meaning to see it since New York, so I was glad I finally got a chance.  We then decided to watch Helen Mirren’s episode of Saturday Night Live. –It was a great one! And then an old one with Tina Fey, back when Amy Poehler was still in it! We definitely got our fix of the funny!

Friday arvo I went down to Ness’. Friday’s are always chock-a-block for us - with all the US Thursday shows and whatever else we plan on watching. This week was also the big Shondaland Weddingpalooza! We started out small, with quality Parks and Recreation – although I still hate Parker Posey! We did the 30Rock finale – my 2nd season finale for the season. They will all start fading out now. No idea what I’ll be watching this time next month!
We ended up watching our ‘Dinner show’ after dinner…but that’s okay, made it easier to concentrate on what was going on in Rizzoli and Isles. Then we moved onto Weddingpalooza! I liked the Grey’s weddings better than I thought I would…I did feel they stole Charlotte and Cooper’s thunder a little though! Mostly I was just glad that Meredith and Derek made it legal…I mean come on! I thought Charlotte’s dress was the nicest of the three. –It hate that I feel the need to compare the two shows so much.
And I gotta point out these were the at least the 6th and 7th tv weddings for this season alone! Crazy! I’m so over weddings!

Then we moved onto the last few eps of season 3 of Bones. I kinda knew what was coming, but at the same time had no idea. –Kay and Nick always talked about how they stopped watching Bones after the whole Zack thing, so I knew he was gonna turn out to do something bad, but I never knew specifics, and it was just really really SAD. Maybe it was cause I was super tired, but I was this close to getting teary! Maybe it was the tired.

And just when I thought we were done with the weddings, we went to see Something Borrowed with Kate Hudson, Ginnifer Goodwin and John Krasinski in it on Saturday, and they spent way too much of the movie talking about weddings….couldn’t win! It was a good movie though. But they had many many scenes at the Shake Shack in Madison Square Park in NYC, which was right around the corner from where we stayed. They have the BEST shakes there and I am now craving them like crazy!!!

I got home around dinner time which was kinda refreshing, meant everything was unpacked and organized way before time for bed! I spent most of the evening trying to access the super slow internet. It went slow on Friday, I used up the last few mgs downloading Raising Hope. So that’s 11 days before it comes back again…I really gotta get my own internet! It took at least an hour to load a video that only went for 3 minutes! So the next week is gonna be A LOT of fun. NOT! At least I have last week’s TV to entertain me for a while.

Today I slept in, and spent the arvo on the computer. Mother’s Day doesn’t mean too much around here. Even my sis didn’t do anything this year! -Can’t really change anything in my family at this point.

I really can’t believe how time has flown this year. I thought I’d be better off by now, not just money-wise. I thought I’d have a job and finally some independence. I thought I’d be done wearing the same old clothes, and being thrifty, and missing out. Maybe that just means that when things work out they’ll work out well…or maybe I’m just doomed to be left behind my whole life!

----------
Carlie

No comments: