Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Wasting Time

Okay, I guess now is the point where I need to stop putting it off, and really get hard into the job search. I've got to see what's out there, and make the decision which direction I want to take. I have all the time to dedicate to the right job. -And by RIGHT job, I don't mean the dream job, but one that I can learn, grow in, and be happy doing on a daily basis.

While I really enjoyed working for the AEC, I think the fact that I knew I wasn't going to be doing it for longer than those couple of months, meant I didn't get too sick of it. -Plus I was always doing something different and learning new skills.
Additionally, I really liked working with the group of people there everyday. I felt needed and appreciated, so that made me happy.

Ideally I'd love to find a job new media related, but I am open to other things. So we'll see what happens. Hopefully I should get a little more interest this time around, seeing as how I've got office experiance now.


In  other news, I have been pretty quiet. While I am not completely broke, I am holding onto all the money I earned from my last job with the VEC in December, for paying my monthly bills and other needs. I am still paying off the trip...but once I get regular work I should be able to take care of that pretty quick.
I worked last week on Australia Day with the girls from the AEC on a citizenship ceremony. It was cool to see that in action, and the work was stuff I used to do there -so that was easy to get back into.

I've been busy on my weekends, hanging out with Ness, doing our thing. The other week, we went bowling with Kay, Nick and Brett, and had dinner at Stacks. That was fun. I mean I suck at bowling, but its fun to play.

I won't run out of dvds to watch for a while, I've still got 1 season of Damages, 2 of ER, and 1 of Grey's to watch, so I'm set for a while. - Plus Private Practice when that gets cheap on Amazon again.
I've also started reading again. -My old summer hobby. I'm reading To Kill A Mockingbird again...for the zillionth time. I used to read it every summer, but I'm pretty sure I skipped last year. I love that book! I wish my sis didn't hate it so much! - I wish she'd get over her anger/hating everything issues. She's driving me up the wall. -I wouldn't care so much, if we were not watching so many dvds or playing wii games together.

I don't think my summer diet is going as well this year. It hasn't been as hot, so my appetite is more normal. I am starting to cut back again, but its hard sometimes. I'm trying out some stretching moves, which I can feel helping. I must try to cut back on the chocolate and the lemonade...

That's all I've got for now....

---------------
Carlie

No comments: