Thursday, February 10, 2011

Keep On Keeping On.

So not a whole lot has changed since last week....

The weekend was hard on me. Saturday I was ditched by my mother...after discussing going out somewhere. She later walked out the door with my sis to go somewhere else, asked me at the last minute if I wanted to go...knowing I wouldn't have time to get ready...
She does stuff like that all the time...goes places with my sis, without inviting me or my sis saying I can't come....but Saturday felt different. We had discussed plans and she ignored it and chose to do what my sis wanted. It really hurt my feelings. I was miserable all day.

Sunday she took me out, we went to Forrest Hill shopping centre to go to Big W so she could buy me my xmas present. -Which I had been asking for for a while.
I hadn't been there since I saw Titanic at the movies in year 7...which was a long long time ago now. It has changed a lot. Its huge! We had coffee at the Coffee Club and it was fun.

I don't mean to act bratty about spending time with my mum, but I've felt that ever since I got back from the US, its been all her and Nikki...she says Nikki's friends are busy and she needs the attention...well I've got my own things going on and I hate being excluded! Especially because my sis is still being a complete cow sometimes...saying I can't be around or be involved in whatever they are doing...with absolutely no discouragement from my mum.

Hopefully she'll get over it soon...I'm not asking to be Nikki's best friend or anything...but being civil and a little social isn't too much to ask for!

In other news...Monday I went down to Grandpa and Grandma's house with mum to look through their files for stuff my mum needed. It was fun, we got lunch and ate it there. It was cool going through old stuff...finding old documents...they don't make things like they used to. Nowadays everything is regular paper and computer typed...its not fancy or special.
We visited Grandma before heading home...I don't know how well she is doing now that she's alone...I think she's lonely. She's not at her best, and hopefully people keep taking her out places and doing stuff with her. She needs it.

Today I went shopping with Jacinta, and we talked about a lot of stuff. I didn't end up buying anything, but it was still nice to get out. She's in a similar boat to me, she's looking for a real job...but she also has Kmart to fund her activities until then. -I need it more. But the whole thing is pretty nerve wracking!

So we'll see how things play out...I have to bite the job hunting bullet....
I mean...I am starting to go a little crazy being home everyday...


-------------
Carlie

No comments: