Sunday, February 21, 2010

Inside My Head

So yesterday I pulled out my old diary that I started at the end of grade 6, and had through till the early 2000's. I couldn't help reading through it.

Some of what I wrote was silly not understanding the bounds of reality. The early stuff is kinda sad because I was so close to my cousins Jade and Caitlin for a while there, and now I never see them, and have nothing in common with them anymore.

Some stuff is funny, how it changes from 1 post to another, like how in the first post I didn't want to start high school....and then in the next post I couldn't wait. Or I'd be best friends with someone, and then next post I'd be hating them. Oh how teen issues are complicated!

Pretty much most of pop culture that I talk about in this diary is Charmed, which was my big no.1 tv show for a few years. However, there are also mentions of Spice Girls a lot.
And in 1998 Alicia Silverstone was my fave Actress, and my fave movie was Spiceworld.....WOW. I mean weird! But then again I was only 12.
TV Hits was my fave magazine, and then I saw Titanic...and I became obsessed with Leo Dicaprio! Even scarier! Oh the scary 90's teenybopper music bands they had.....in 1999 butterfly clips came in, and went out...

These are a few random notes that I pulled out from it:

There is one part in March of 2000, where I really hated my name, and thought the following were good names....Prue, Phoebe, Libby, Alyssa, Shannen, Anastasia, Buffy or Sabrina.....WHAT?! I was seriously disturbed!

Also in March 2000, I listed my fave tv shows, highlighting my faves: Friends, Ally McBeal, The Practice, Home and Away, Charmed, Neighbours, Above The Law, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Angel, Blue Heelers, Providence, Dawson's Creek, Just Shoot Me, Family Law, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, 7th Heaven, Popstars, and Dharma and Greg. Hmmm.
-I'm a little embarrassed by some of those...I'll let you decide which :P

I have learned I was was always in love with Joshua Jackson :P, however I liked some guys back then that I can't explain reasons for!

WOW I used to think that my cousins living in Eltham was far!!!! Oh funny.....however when you don't have access to a car, Eltham IS really really far...(lol it rhymes)

awwww I made comment about preparing to watch the ep of Ally McBeal where Billy dies.....sad :(
But why is there a whole paragraph about what is GOING to happen on my tv shows? weird.

For some weird reason in the year 2000 I was keen on dying my hair brown....
Also in 2000 I created my very first website. A site dedicated to Charmed (ofcourse!)
I love that ever since 2000 I haved wanted to be Alice in Wonderland for a dressup party...but still never have been.

Then in 2001 we got The Sims, and I am still playing all these years later...what can I say, I love building and decorating houses, and the pretend families aren't that bad either :P


Ok Yes....totally random, and not making a lot of sense, but its funny how things have changed, and how some things haven't.

----------
Carlie

No comments: