Sunday, December 30, 2007

Beach Baby

So we've hit that time of year again, when the temp rises...and rises...and rises. Yesterday it was 38 degrees (celcius, for those playing at home), after much begging, my Mum agreed to come with me to the beach. Nikki was off at a friends house -swimming in their pool. Scott was off at the beach himself. So ended up arriving at Brighton (Dendy street) some time after 5pm. The wind had picked up down by the bay, so it was much cooler by then. We hit the water, which had become quite wavy, and was SO warm. -It was however pretty murky and dirty....but still did the trick. We ended up staying till 7pm, -once I turned pruny, that was it.
I had a great time. I love the ocean, and am such a water baby. I guess it comes from spending so much time by the water growing up. -As did my parents.
I much prefer the bay beaches to the surf beaches. I always wind up with bruises when I go to the surf beaches.

Hopefully we will make a few trips back over summer.

oooooo!
Friday night we also went to my cousin Marcus's wedding/marriage celebration/party...thingy. It was actually quite fun, and the food was pretty good...but we still made a stop at Macca's on the way home. The Finnish folk were nice...and interesting to say the least! lol.

My Christmas was also pretty good. I ended up with some cool pressies. I just wish there wasn't so much dramarama. Oh well.

Bring on 2008!!!!
-------

Carlie

No comments: