Tuesday, January 31, 2012

SAG AWARDS

Once again I was watching these late because I am working. Started with the Red Carpet Monday night. I must say the dresses were FAR superior to those worn at the golden globes.

Fave dresses include: Emily Blunt, Emma Stone, Ariel Winter, Sofia Vergara, Kaley Cuoco.

Steve Carrell has to keep working and getting nominated for awards cause I'm going to miss him and Nancy on the red carpet, they are adorable!

As for the awards, it was all very very predictable.  I was glad Octavia Spencer and Viola Davis won for The Help, and very excited for the cast to win! -Allison Janney doesn't NEED any more awards, but she will always deserve them! And look at little Chris Lowell from Private Practice all dressed up and getting awards!
Yay for Modern Family!!! I was glad Glee didn't win...I would have like The Good Wife to win for best drama though...they always get all dressed up and never win.

I've always loved the sags cause it's all actors all the time! Plus foxtel hasn't shown them in previous years, so I'm glad it's back on again this year!
Had to wait till tonight to watch the actual awards, but they're short and sweet so I'm just glad its not taking me all night like the Globes!
I found the presenters all a bit boring, with the exception of my SNL and NBC comedy peeps.
I'd forgotten about the 'In Memoriam'...seeing as they don't do it at the Golden Globes. Sooo many good actors gone, but not forgotten.

Overall it was good, but not that exciting. The people I wanted to win, mostly didn't...and I didn't really care THAT much anyways, none were MY people.

Next up is the Oscars, which I care even less about...'cept that Melissa McCarthy is nominated...which is AWESOME!!!


--------------
Carlie

No comments: