Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Dolly Day!!!!

Tuesday night mum and I went to see Dolly Parton in concert at Rod Laver in the city. Firstly there were so many older people there, I felt quite young. Although there were a few kids there. She was really good, very chatty and lovely. She sang a bunch of songs I didn't know, and a few ones I knew in the 1st half. We had good seats head on so no neck problems. But I swear I had to stop comparing her to Kristin Chenoweth. Every now and then she'd sound just like her! I think the pink cowgirl dress that looked very Kristin in Glee didn't help...
In the 2nd half she started out, then after 1 song got taken off stage cause her mic battery was dying. So the band entertained us for a bit....apparently the battery is in her hair, do the had to fix that. Then she came back, and sang some of my faves, including Coat of Many Colors, Here you come again and 9 to 5! Then she encored with I Will Always Love You, and it was over.
We got home around 11pm.

I tell ya, there's nothing like a live show! I'll have to go buy her best of Album now. I've been listening to the 9 to 5 cast recording all week!


--------
Carlie

No comments: