Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Countdown

So less than a week till Christmas. I'm not really that excited. I think I'm officially in that slump between being too old for the kiddy stuff, and too young/unequiped to have control over my own stuff. But for some reason this year, I'm just not excited anymore...about any of it. I think the main thing is the family thing. -The family has become so split within the one house that even the simplest of old traditions no longer seem to happen.

I think part of the loss of the family traditions have come about because my sister is no longer little. I mean, when she was young enough to still believe in Santa and stuff, we all tried harder. We liked to do Christmas for her. Now she is so anti Christmas half the time, that it drives me crazy!

It wasn't just Santa that made Christmas fun in the old days...we had a bunch of things we did. -Now we were never big light people. I think that was all me, I try to get lights up every year, and this year I put up 1 set, and haven't bothered to put up the other 2 that I have sitting there yet. (To be fair the wet weather is not helping the situation)

Another tradition was to go to Myer and every family member would pick their own decoration for the tree, and we would all decorate the tree with the old decorations and finish with that years new collection. -They even had their own special section at the top of the tree. This year Mum and I picked ours, and we bought one on Nikki's behalf. Then my parents argued over how to put up the tree, and Nic and I decorated it ourselves before she gave up.

At least we will still probably have our breakfast tradition. Not that we EVER sit down to a meal as a family, but on Christmas morning, after presents, we always have crossants and whatever else people want at the table with crackers and everything. It was a nice little thing with just the five of us, before a day of extended family meals.

Okay so enough with the depressed Christmas Carlie.....This year will still be good, just different.

---------
Carlie

No comments: