Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Screen Actors Guild Awards, Afterthoughts

So today was the Screen Actors Guild Awards. They were on Showcase, which luckily we actually have this year. I really enjoyed the whole atmosphere a lot more than the depressing scene that was the Golden Globes.


So here’s my take on the fashions:

Best Dressed SAGs

- I though Christina Applegate looked really nice in the blue dress, very classy and not at all weird.

- The kids were pretty cute. I thought Ariel Winter looked lovely, grown up but not too grown up. I still think that Sarah Hyland looks 12…turns out she’s 19 (NO WAY!!!). Little Sally from Mad Men adorable, and the boys from Modern Family in their tuxes so cute!

- Really liked the color of Cheryl Hines’ dress, and the style was pretty nice too.

- Tina Fey – loved the purple.

- I thought Nicole Kidman looked really great. And I’m usually not a fan of her ensembles.

- Julie Benz looked lovely.


I still can’t decide if I loved Meryl Streep’s dress or hated it! Funny how that goes.



I must say, I preferred a lot of the dresses from the Globes to the ones at the SAGs. Unfortunately one can’t help comparing – it HAS been less than a week!

I much preferred the dresses of the following people at the Globes:

Lea Michele – I really liked the green color, but the black was much more glam

Sandra Bullock – The black/blue was nice enough, but last week’s was so pretty!

Julianna Margolies – Liked the red better than the black, but I didn’t LOVE either so its okay. Lol

Dianna Agron – The SAG dress was pretty, but I don't like the top part, and I liked the other much better.




Funnily enough the people I liked this week, are the ones I didn’t like last week and vice versa!

Really didn’t like:
-Kate Hudson’s dress…it was just weird.
-Anna Paquin’s dress was weird…but then so is she..kinda



As far as the winners go….It was a lot of the same…which was somewhat anticlimactic.

As much as I love Glee, I would have loved some Modern Family love, and the same with Mad Men and The Good Wife. It was fun to have the casts there.

I was glad I was able to appreciate the girls from Up in The Air this week, after seeing it last night. They were very good. But its SO hard putting all the movie catagories into 1, Comedy and Drama. But I can’t wait to see The Blind Side!



Heck I was just SO SO SO happy to see the SAGS again after 2 years of being cut out. I enjoyed every minute.

My fave moments were, Jenna Fisher and the champagne; Felicity not being able to read; and the adorableness that is Drew Barrymore.



Side Note- E!’s red carpet coverage of the past 2 awards shows really didn’t do right by Lea Michele! I mean from her perspective…they talked to her and all…but the coverage cut her off….at the globes to cut to Sandra Bullock –a small level of tolerance allowed….but at the SAGs show her during the ad break…and they skipped out again just as fast. I mean SERIOUSLY?! Don’t they know who she is?!

But other than that, the SAG interviews were much much better, mostly because they interviewed a lot more of the people I like!



But overall a very fun show. Yay for my people that won….and hopefully the ones that didn’t will get another chance.

---------
Carlie

No comments: