Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The FanVid Process

So....I not sure how or why I decided it would be a good idea to make a Josh and Donna fanvid, but I did...and I found programs and am now in the very very slow process to putting the episodes into files on my computer, and then cutting them down for just the scenes I want.
The compiling phrase so far is pretty much taking anything I MIGHT use...that is anything that relates to Josh and Donna...or about Josh and Donna...
Now I might not use it for the music vid...there might be others or different kinds of vids later on, that I just want to keep the footage around for.

I figure its better to have too much, than not enough variety later on.

Something I am finding really interesting, is that since I'm not usually listening when I cut out the scenes...you find yourself simply watching....and I forgot who said that the most interesting thing is to watch the person who isn't speaking...but its totally true. I find I am watching the background more, or people's reactions. Its very interesting. A lot of stuff you don't pick up on when actually properly watching the episodes.

I am also finding that I am hearing different sounds on the computer files, than in the episodes...okay well not different sounds, but more background sounds. There is a whole scene at the end of 17 People which I don't recall actually hearing what everyone was saying. It was cool.
I think it probably has something to do with the audio layers or something...or the fact that I'm extra close to the speakers. Who knows.

So far I have done most of season 2....sans a few unimportant eps. Plus a random lot from seasons 1-6...I'm leaving season 7 for a while. I am trying to do things in a sort of order now. Its just easier.


I'll update when I have more.


----------
Carlie

No comments: