Saturday, June 07, 2008

Part 2 of I hate Hospitals

I'm feeling a fair bit better now. I've finished my antibiotics. They seemed to help. But I'm still not completely over my cold.

So anyways...on Tuesday I had to go back for my tests. Mum decided to stay home from work. Partly cause she was sick herself, and partly to keep an eye on me after my episode the day before. Apparently I'm a drama queen!

Luckily my first test wasn't until 12:30, so I could sleep in. AND I was allowed to eat. So I was feeling fine. Except for the FREEZING cold. Apparently it only ended up being 11 degrees that day. The city was completely misty and foggy.
This test was over at St Vincents, instead of peter mac. We also drove in. It took us A WHILE to find a car park, but we finally did. We walked down the dingy old coridors of the hospital....it's seriously old fashioned and in need of a makeover. lol

I had to have a bone density test. It was fairly easy and not at all invasive. Just like an x-ray, all I had to do was lie there.
Then we had to drive over to Peter Mac, and find another car park. We were a bit early, that appointment wasn't until 1:45pm. We had a hot drink to warm us up. Then made our way over to pathology for my echo. Of course they were running late. We had no idea HOW late. I never ended up going in until 2:30 or something. Then my mum had to go find another car park, cause I didn't get out until about 20 to 4!
The damm chick that was doing my echo kept leaving and doing other things during it, so I was just lying there for ages by myself. I don't understand why she couldn't just do my echo THEN do her whinging or organising or whatever she was doing. It was very unprofessional. She never even appologised for it. and kept asking stupid questions about the reasons behind my test.
ALSO she totally bruised me! I was in pain the next day. I might even still have a tiny bruise.

That was the worst test out of them all. Even the fainting and being kept in the trolley bay with a needle in my arm was better than my echo experiance this time.

Oh well.

I went and had my x-ray yesterday, and will go back to see my GP sometime next week. Hopefully alls well. I'm sure it is.

Got my exam for Pop Culture this wednesday....hopefully I'll be prepared enough. I haven't really started studying......I better get working on that. :)

---------
Carlie

No comments: