Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I can drive, I can drive, I can drive!

...okay, now I have 'we can fly...' from Peter Pan in my head. lol

But today I finally went for my drivers test, and got my P's! yay! I had a great instructor who taught me how to do everything...much much better than the one I had way back when I first started driving.
Today was raining, but while I was doing the test, it stopped. lol. I felt the test went really quick, what was annoying was that we didn't go along any of the places that we'd normally practiced on. But it was all good. He made my do a reverse paralell park - which was the thing I was most worried about. But I must have done it okay, because I didn't loose any marks for it. :D I only lost 3 marks total, and they were unrelated to that. So now I have my shiny new P's...but I haven't gotten to take them out for a spin yet. So it doesn't really feel real yet.

While I'm very happy about it, I'm in just such a depressive mood this week. My stupid bed that was coming..arrived, but they gave us the wrong bloody slats and after 2 days of calling them, we finally found out that they have no idea where the proper slats are, and so I will have to wait 6 weeks for them to arrive from the overseas supplier! grrrrr. So at the moment I am sleeping on my old mattress on the floor.
Next week is also my 22nd birthday, I have no issue with the number, I'm just at the whole birthday depression stage I think. Everything is so focussed on Christmas, that it sorta feels like the birthday isn't really there. Plus my sister is driving me crazy, and I appear to have no job..not because they let me go, but because they are just not giving any shifts out. (and it appears its not just me...)
My mum's family decided to organise a Kriss Kringle this year, but instead of including everyone, they just included the parent generation, being my mum, her brother and their spouses. Which means that I still won't be getting a present. Which was part of the point in the first place, that everyone gets a present instead of just my sister, and my grandparents. Oh well. I guess I could always find my own Christmas thing to go to...or hang out longer with my cousins at my dad's family thing.

I'm sure I'll feel happier tomorrow.

-----------
Carlie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Well done- getting your P's is definitely something to be proud of.