Monday, November 15, 2010

Taking Time Out From Life...

So my little break is now over, and today I started working again. -Even though its only a couple of weeks work, its still getting me out and about, and getting my brain working in a slightly more normal way again.
Plus...its probably a good thing to get me away from the tv for a few weeks :P

So in the last two weeks, I've been pretty quiet. I've been hanging with my girls. Went to Kay's birthday at the Asian Buffet, and met some new people.

Last week I spent a few hours going through all my old Big Hit and TV Hits magazines that I had stored away in my cupboard. I finally had the guts to get rid of them. Going through them (checking for anything I needed to keep) was a lot of fun. Plenty of good memories of my teen years, but most of the stuff in there, I have moved on from. Like Buffy. My lil sis was stoked to go through them all, she collected a few posters and pictures. Then Jacinta came over and went through them and ended up taking home a whole stack. What was left I tossed straight into the recycle box, so now I'm magazine free.
-Sure I kept 1 really old one, and I still have plenty of other mags left, with award show photos and stuff, but the super teeny stuff is gone. -Its actually a huge step for me, letting go of those old obsessions of mine.

My birthday is coming up, I'm not sure exactly when I'm working that weekend yet, but I know I'll be working sometime on the saturday. So trying to organise a mini b'day party is becoming difficult.
But I'll work something out.

I've been pretty depressed this last week. I don't completely know why...I think I just felt a little lonely. I think settling back into my family after over 40 days hanging out with someone 24/7 really messed up my head. I mean I barely spoke to anyone for 3 days, in a house with 4 other people. That tends to mess with your head after a little while.

Anyways...things are starting to look up, and I'm already feeling better, which is a good sign.

Gotta work in the morning, I should probably head off to bed....try that sleeping thing - which I haven't been doing much of lately either...probably connected to my mood too.

---------
-Carlie

No comments: