Saturday, August 28, 2010

Election 2010

So OMG. Today is my first day off in 2 weeks. I worked 12 days straight including late nights and last weekend. I'm exhausted. But I should at least get paid well this week....when I get paid. (Its a little slow this week).

We were really busy in the week leading up to the election. Lots of people coming in, and phones ringing off the hook. - My god I have learned a lot in my time there, phones, filing, typing etc.
I worked till 9 the thursday before the election, and till 7:30 on the friday. I was up at 6:30am on the saturday.....so that doesn't equal much sleep.

It was fun working at the polling place, but I was super cold! It was in the atrium at Swinburne uni and I kinda wish I had brought my other coat, but it was ok after a while. The part where I was standing out in front of the town hall and it started raing was less fun....but we got to go inside at night which was good.
I was out of there at 10:30 and went to sleep around 1am......got up at 9am on Sunday and was at work by 10am......I was pretty out of it all day.

This week was a tad easier. Much fewer people coming in, and the phones hardly rang. There were also less late nights...so I was able to catch up on a little sleep.

Finally today I was able to do my washing, organise some trip stuff, and house stuff.


Not long to go now till the trip! Exciting!

No comments: