Thursday, April 22, 2010

Look's Like I'm Growing

I was thinking about it today, how I used to get really jealous all the time. Growing up if someone else had something, I had to have it too! I used to get so mad at my parents for not taking me places that other family members and friends would go - like Disneyland, I got mad about that one A LOT. I would also pester them to get things that others had, like DVD players. I begged for one for at least a year before we finally got one.

And when my sister got her new laptop, I would have been really mad and whinge about how I never got stuff like that when I was her age. Which has happened a lot, cause she's always gotten things much earlier than I did. Same goes with my bro. I got an ipod for a joint xmas and birthday pressie, he got 1 for xmas, lost it, then got a new one the next xmas......so its not entirely based on nothing, there is some good reason behind the way I used to feel.

Now, it appears I am growing. instead of worrying about what I don't have, and when I can get stuff....like my iphone (not so worried anymore), I'm letting things go. I'm prioritizing, and looking at the bigger picture.
I think being a poor student for these last few years has humbled me. Hopefully I've finally grown out of it....cause it could get messy later in life. But it's times like these that I think about stuff like this....or I've been watching too many behavoral themed things :P

-------------
Carlie

No comments: