Sunday, March 21, 2010

Fated?

Today when I was searching my room for a document, I stumbled across an old folder of writing notes from those years when I was into writing (both regular stuff and fanfiction).
Now I'm reading through it and finding amusement out of the things that are related to The West Wing...

for example, I have a bunch of notes on a piece of paper from 2007 (at least a year before I ever even saw an episode of The West Wing), with the phrase, 'Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc' written on it. Now I'm assuming this is just a phrase that I liked from my critical thinking class in my first year of uni. But its the only one on the page that isn't related to a movie, tv show or song....and since it is an episode title from TWW...its funny.

On another page is a scene from one of the odd fanfics I wrote for Crossing Jordan, with a hotel/bar called The Ainsley.....dunno wear I pulled Ainsley from....but it makes me laugh.


....I guess I could play 6 degrees and connect pretty much anything to something if I wanted to, but I just thought it was interesting.


Also....there is a page with lists of all the cities and states I want to visit across the world, and in the US....DC is not on the list, but Kentucky, Ohio, and Nebraska are....why? That I do not know.
I guess once upon a time I had reasons to want to go to those places, but obviously I have changed my opinions in the last few years.



In other news, in the past couple of weeks I've seen a few movies. I saw Crazy Heart, and LOVED it. The music is really good, and maybe if I can ever find it, I will get the soundtrack. I also saw Alice in Wonderland in 3D VMAX, so it was a costly night, but worth it. I really enjoyed it. -That was the night of the big Melbourne storms, and seeing as I was down in Karingal, I missed it. But thats a good thing, cause there was no damage or poweroutages!
Last week I borrowed The Young Victoria - really really good; The Time Traveller's Wife - not so great; and Up. Up I loved it but didn't LOVE it in the same way I love the others, I don't think I could watch it as often as I watch Finding Nemo, Toy Storys and Monsters Inc.
Last night I saw Men Who Stare at Goats. It was really good, funny, and not quite what I expected. It was weird and entertaining. Just how I like things.

No comments: