Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Yak Yak Yak

Once more, killing time between classes. Doing a selection of uni and non-uni related things. Got an assigment due next week, it's a writing piece. It's practically done, just needs some cleanup editing really. I also have a minor essay due in 2 weeks. So I am starting to collect books...or at least trying to pick a topic to write about!
Last night I was just watching eps of Dawson's Creek and very early Friends. -One comment I have, or observation really (which I suppose should really be on my other blog), was that the Friends episode was the pilot and the 3 after that. Something I noticed in the pilot was that almost all the dialogue was JOKES. Which from just having finished season 10 a week or so ago, seemed very strange. Everytime someone said anything, they said it as a joke..and then that joke was one up-ed. It was funny to listen to the audience (not sure if there was an actual audience or just a laugh track...I'd assume there'd be an audience for pilot...but you know what they say :P) to see how much they laughed, and what they laughed at, and how some jokes got louder laughs than others.
I think it's the damm media student coming out in me.

By the way, I am totally obsessed with the whole Australia getting TIVO thing. I just hope it ends up being worth getting by the time we get it. -Like will it work with foxtel? or will it not cost an arm and a leg to get!...and most importantly will it NOT stuff up! ...but I do like the idea that you can set it to start recording a show 5-10minutes before it's supposed to start. -That's a very handy feature. ...plus then you can tape all the episodes you want to a tape or dvd...meaning less space wasted, less tapes wasted, and you can cut out the ads too!

I guess today's post has taken a media focussed turn...but that's what happens when I post on a Media class day!


--------
Carlie

No comments: