Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 - A Year In Review

So another year is over. Once again I feel like a accomplished nothing, but that's not really true. Plenty of notable things happened.


I was working at Monash City Council at the start of the year, and finished up in Rates in March. That was really hard to leave that group. I did get a new job working over in the other building doing animal registrations. That took me up to June.

I had three great weeks off, sleeping in, doing nothing. Then I got a new job at the City of Port Phillip in St Kilda. It was supposed to be a 6 week thing, turned into an ongoing thing and last week I got made permanent. So big change there. Its not the dream job, its not a forever job, but it will be good to do for a little while. Sick leave and holiday pay will be great.

October saw a trip to Sydney to see Legally Blonde the Musical with the gang. That was great fun. It was a blast to see Lucy Durack and Rob Mills on stage again and to meet them again at the stage door. It was just a quick weekend trip, but we got to see it twice.

The end of October saw a two week trip to the USA with Ness, Kay and Nick. We had a blast, doing things we hadn't done before in LA, lots of theatre and my very first snowfall in NYC, and then 3 days of Disneyland! It was way too short, but SO much fun!

November was another birthday, uneventful. Maybe next year I'll get organised.
It also saw 3 days of theatre, which was crazy. A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the forum Saturday night, Margaret Fulton the musical starring Amy Lehpalmer on the Sunday evening and then the Rob Guest Endowment on the Monday night!

December was a lot of fun. Put up the Christmas lights, had some good Christmas parties, and did many light trips.
Christmas day was okay, I would have liked to be able to do both families, but when they are at the same time in very different places it makes it hard.

Overall it was pretty quiet year, but I had a good time. Can't wait to start planning the next holiday and plan to have lots of fun next year!


---------------
Carlie

No comments: