Friday, July 09, 2010

School Holidays in Melbourne

The school holidays are now almost over thank goodness!

Last week, I worked at Safeway on Wednesday and it was CRAZY! Thankfully it wasn't so bad this week. There were busy times, but it was fairly steady and I didn't get many really annoying kids. That's half the sucky part of the working during the holidays, the annoying kids, and the usually even more annoying parents!

This week I did movie day with Jacinta on Monday - she brought Zombieland over, and so I gave it a whirl...it was better than I thought it would be...but still pretty gross.
Then we watched Shrek 2 - which is a guaranteed good time. I love me some Puss in Boots. lol.
-Unfortunately I spent a good deal of the time on the phone to people about jobs and stuff....I keep missing calls and then have to call them back, and they end up having to call me back - it goes on and on.

Luckily I got an interview for Tuesday, so I dragged my butt into the city. I guess the interview went okay cause they showed me around and then I had to go into the city again today to do a hearing test - since the job is a phone based job.
Now the whole hearing test thing is a bit weird. I was lead down a maze of corridors and rooms, then made to sit in a chair while the woman who pronounced my name all weird (most people can't say SHEEHAN properly. - It's She-An for those who care) asked me a few questions and then stuck me in a very small soundproof booth - without a small spaces warning. Lucky I'm not claustraphobic! I sat there the whole time worried about my purse sitting out in the greater room....and also about how my neck was hurting from the weight of the earphones! - Seriously!

So after I was done, I thought since I was in the city, I might as well do some shopping. - Since I had a daily train ticket and all. So I walked down to Bourke Street and had a quick look in Strandbags, and then caught a tram over to DFO at Spencer Street Station. I had a look around for shoes and other sorts of things for the big trip. But I didn't find anything great. - Plus it was too packed with people being school holidays and all.

The most amusing thing to me all day, was the tourists taking pictures in the streets. They were taking pictures of things like Fed Square, and other icon-type locations...but then there were people taking pictures of random buildings....tourists are weird creatures - and I know that people will feel the same way about me when I get to the US.

Oh and then there have been a few extra teenage girls around my house this week. My sis had her friends stay over Tuesday night...which bugged me cause I was trying to sleep, cause I needed to get up early the next morning. Both her friends are REALLY LOUD. You think I'M loud...you should hear my sis and her friends...not to mention that their voices echo through our kitchen area and right down the hall into my room....damm tiles. -But once I told them off at 12:30am, they were more quiet and I fell asleep pretty quickly.

Ah the joy of school holidays. :)
At least they are over soon....and things will go back to normal....I hope.

----------
Carlie

No comments: