Saturday, December 06, 2008

Goodbye Old Friends

so.....I'm a little sad this week. I found out that my next door neighbours...the ones I actually like, and have lived next door since I was 4 are moving.
I always knew they would...their house is way too small. But I guess it just makes me sad to know that they won't be there anymore. Not to mention the fact that I spent such a large part of my childhood from the ages of 4 to 12 in their house and with their family. They used to organise the street parties, the girls and I spent hours together playing, and Hollie and I had our 'We Care for Kids Club' where we entertained kids while parents did other things in return for pay (which was usually a few dollars..which was a lot when you're 11).

And though we havn't really spoken much since we went off to high school, they were always there to say hi to if you saw them outside, or able to get a reference from, or borrow something from. So it just makes me sad.

In addition to being sad...I'm incredibly jealous...I'm trying not to be but I can't help it, it seems to be in my nature. As much as I do LOVE my house (and its very much a part of me..having been here 23 years), I've wanted to move house for ages, my parents used to go looking at places all the time...but my dad does not want to move...or even improve...and it kills me to think that very soon there will be no one left in the street that I know. Not to mention what kind of work they'll do next door. Sometimes I hate growing up...too many people leave, and I'm always stuck in exactly the same place.

So I'm a little mopey this week. Part of me can't wait till I get a real job and am able to afford some sort of place for myself....but I have a feeling my family will be in this place for a good while longer.


------
Carlie

No comments: