Friday, January 18, 2008

CupCakes and Lemonade

...only there's no lemonade. lol









These are the cupcakes I made from that book I mentioned in my pics for Chad's 12 of 12. I made the first recipe in the book, which was for vanilla cupcakes, with buttercream frosting. The cake part turned out great..though maybe a little took thick and heavy, but definately not bad for my first try at the recipe. The frosting however came out all wrong, cause I ran out of icing sugar. The recipe called for 8 cups...and I used all that I had which was 1 full bag and the last 1/4 (all that was left) of another bag. So it turned out a tad runnier than I would have liked, but it still tasted good and my sister Nikki and I decorated them with all sorts of fancy sprinkles we had lying around. - It's my mission to get the editble glitter from a cake shop for next time. (as well as about 3 bags of icing sugar just in case!)

The next recipe is for a chocolate cake. I LOVE chocolate cake!

-------

Carlie

No comments: